Teenagers!!!


Yes I was once a teen, a quietly confident 13 year old, a feisty 'no it all' 15 year old and by 16 I was unstoppable, with my blond curly weave, burgundy lipstick, and white PVC platforms I thought I was the BIZNISS! SHAME ON ME!!! I would strut my stuff as though I was what the world had been waiting for, I was VEYAN and as far as I was concernd my name was in lights (all be it in my head). Saying all that though people I was harmless, In the scheme of things I was not making any waves and I most definitely was not instilling fear into all who crossed me. So what's change with the youth of today????

Today many teens belong to gangs, these gangs do not just hail from down trodden areas in the darkest depths of south London....they are EVERYWHERE and within them has gone all care and regard for others and the World in which they live and instead has been replaced by a selfish, sinister and sordid nature that is causing our community to hold our heads with despair. WHAT HAS HAPPENED?


My daughter is only one year old, so I cannot profess to know the dilemma that is raising a teen in 2009 but surely some of the blame must rest with parents. If I named my child Stephen I don't expect to hear he has renamed himself 'SNIPER'. Is it really Stephen?! There has to be something wrong when parents who do not know who their kids friends are. I'm sorry but just because your child is 'grown' doesn't mean you can leave it all in their hands because when he has a knife sticking out of his chest YOU ARE WHO THE POLICE ARE CALLING, YOU ARE WHO WILL BE CRYING OVER HIS COFFIN. As a teen I still needed my mother's chastising, I lived under her roof anyway so where was my choice? (that's how it should be).

The young girls I see on Facebook and Myspace hurt my heart, you can tell they like most teens have gone to the MTV BASE school of conduct, where 50 Cent is the head master and Chipmunk, Ciara and Lil Wayne make up the school board. We got to take back control and not leave it to the media. I have a 17 year old niece and I can say she makes me proud, (you know I keep it real so if she didn't I would say) her Mum knows her friends AND has contact with the parents and every party she attends she gets picked up by one of her parents. How can you be rolling in at the same time as your kids or comparing how many numbers you got!!!! I am not kidding that is the state of affairs in some households and we are acting like we are shocked at the youth of today???? WAKE UP ALREADY.


Teens are great they are the adults of tomorrow, they are vibrant, creative and fearless...Let's make an effort to get into the business of the teens we love, find out what they like, what they are doing, if they need your help...its the only way we can save them from the bad apples out there.

With Love Vx

0 comments:


 

Disclaimer

FOR THE RECORD UNLESS STATED I DID NOT TAKE ONE PHOTO ON THIS BLOG! THE PHOTOS THAT ARE FEATURED ARE NOT USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES AND DO NOT BELONG TO ME UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE.

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates